When viewing any page on SufiWiki, you'll find three main navigation elements:
- The sidebar on the left gives you access to important pages.
- At the top of the page are links (often called tabs) which relate to the page currently displayed, its discussion page and the edit link (for users that are logged in).
- In the top right corner you'll find user links; as an anonymous user, you'll see a link to create an account or log in (they are the same page). As a logged-in user you have a collection of links, including ones to your user page and preferences.
The sidebar is displayed on the left hand side of the page below the site logo.
Clicking on the logo brings you back to the main page of the wiki. The links in the navigation section just below will take you to important pages of the wiki.
The toolbox contains a selection of links which change depending on what type of page you are viewing.
- On all pages (except special pages)
- “What links here” takes you to a page that lists the pages on SufiWiki which contain a link to the current page. This is helpful when you are looking for pages of related information.
- The “related changes” tool lists all recent changes in the pages linked to from the current page. Recent changes to all relevant template pages are included in the resulting page list.
- On all pages (including special pages)
- “Upload file” displays a page that allows logged-in users to upload images and other files to SufiWiki. Uploaded files can be linked from or embedded in pages. See managing files.
- The “special pages” tool lists the SufiWiki special pages. A special page is one that presents information about SufiWiki and/or allows access to administration activities for the wiki. For example, a list of users registered, statistics such as the number of pages and number of page edits, and so on.
The page tabs are displayed at the top of the page to the right of the site logo. These tabs allow you to perform actions that include: viewing, editing, and discussing the current page. The specific tabs displayed on your pages depend on whether or not you are logged into the wiki and whether you have sysop (administrator) privileges.
- Default for all users
- “namespace” (page, help, special page, template, user page etc.)
- Extra tabs for logged-in users
- Extra tabs for sysops
The user links are displayed at the top far right of the page. These tabs allow the logged-in user to view and edit their user page and preferences. Additionally, the user links allow the user to quickly access their contributions to SufiWiki and logout.
For anonymous users the user links is replaced by a link to the wiki login page.
- This links to your user page which is where you can put information about yourself, store bits of information you want to remember or whatever else you want.
- “my talk”
- This links to your discussion page, where people can leave messages for you.
- “my preferences”
- Allows you to change your personal preferences.
- “my watchlist”
- A list of all pages that you are watching. Pages can be added to this list by clicking “watch” at the top of the page.
- “my contributions”
- A list of all contributions you have made to SufiWiki.
- “log out”
- Logs you out of SufiWiki.